No! Do not grab for those weight loss diet pills to shed off those extra pounds. Instead of starving yourself, you better make sure that you are eating right to get rid of your love handles.
Surprisingly enough, there are breakfast foods that people have indulged in for years without knowing just how bad they are for the body. Those on the list will most likely surprise you. Check out 5 of the worst breakfast foods that you can eat:
- 1. Cereal: If you’re health conscious, you may already know that sugar laden cereal is bad for you. However, since it’s convenient and fast, many people wouldn’t eat breakfast at all if it weren’t for cereal because of their busy lives. Even cereals that aren’t filled with sugar, still have sugar in them so they aren’t good for you. This sugar will make it even harder to lose weight while also draining your energy. If you MUST have cereal, find one that’s high in fiber and low in sugar.
- 2. Fry Up: This is also called the builder’s breakfast in the UK. It’s basically a fatty and greasy mess on a plate. Many people choose this as a hangover cure but it’s incredibly high in calories. Loaded with fatty bacon, sausage, eggs fried in butter, fries or hash browns, this huge breakfast originally came about because of the working class that had to perform hard labor. This 3000 calorie breakfast was usually burned off in time for lunch. If you’ve got a more sedentary job, there’s obesity in your future if you down a breakfast like that. Try something like grilled mushrooms and tomatoes over toast.
- 3. Muffins: With so many busy people on the go these days, muffins are often a very popular choice for a quick breakfast. You can grab one at the local coffee shop or at a drive through and even eat it while on the way to work along with your coffee. A muffin jump starts your body with a huge dose of sugar that is going to bring you crashing to the ground once that energy spike wears off. Muffins are cheap to make and are bigger than normal. They’re made with ingredients containing high amounts of fat. This is true even of the low fat variety.
- 4. Bagels and Cream Cheese: When compared with the fry up, bagels aren’t that bad of a choice for breakfast, although they do often have sugar. In addition, these are fast digesting carbs that will make your insulin shoot up and then crash. It gets worse when you cover your bagel with fat laden cream cheese. The levels of saturated fat and calories are almost equal to those of 2 doughnuts. Try wheat bagels and top it with nut butter.
- 5. Pancakes: There’s no such thing as a healthy pancake. They’re usually made with eggs, flour, butter and milk. This isn’t even including the toppings you pick. If you MUST have pancakes, try using whey powder, cottage cheese and vanilla to make them. This is typically a breakfast food item that you’re better off without.
Do your research and discover the world of healthy breakfast foods. It will make a vast difference in your overall health as well as your weight loss program.
Brenda Lyttle is a health and fitness expert who began writing for publications in her community in 2005 and now commands an authority in writing on healthy living, anti-aging, and HGH supplements related topics.