So Passover 2013 is upon us, what that means is no yeast is allowed inside your house or overly processed ingredients. All that has to go outside! Have a lot of fish in my freezer to hold us over until we can eat other food next week. Today I decided to try a really simple recipe for some great matzo breaded fish. I didn’t Google this recipe or anything it just came to me and it turned out really delicious! So I encourage you to try this if you have the ingredients available & leave a comment telling me what you think.
I also made a video to demonstrate how to achieve great matzo breaded fish. If you are unable to watch the video due to time restraints here is a breakdown of how it goes.
- Frozen Fish/ Fresh, (Flounder,Salmon,Tilapia,Swai, all works great)
- Matzo Meal (can find this in your grocery store hopefully!)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon of water
- various herbs/spices that you want to add to the matzo meal
- Combine 1/2 matzo meal with your various herbs in a large enough dish pan to coat fish
- In a separate pan combine 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of water, mix well
- Coat the fish on both sides in the wet (egg/water) pan first, let excess drip off for a few seconds then carry instantly over to the matzo meal pan and coat both sides
- Allow 1-2 minutes for coat to stick to fish before placing on grill or in oven
- *George Foreman Grill used* Place fish on grill and coat for 8-10 minutes total
Enjoy your great fish!
Passover Recipe: Matzo Breaded Fish